Saturday, October 10, 2015

Ewwwww


My love of chana masala should be well documented in this blog. Saw a ready to eat kind at the store and figured I would try it. I've had varying success with shelf stable meals. Usually the frozen is better. That was def reinforced here. 

Photo removed 
Ok, so here it is before. 

Photo removed (trust me. It looks gross)

And this is after. It looked ok. Was lacking the aromatics I prefer. No curry no turmeric. Rice was too mushy but I can live with that. What I could not deal with though was the taste. Lack of curry was noticeable, no garlic either. Too much of an underlying cinnamon with vague prune flavor. Kind of gross.  Gross enough that I couldn't keep eating it, and I have a high tolerance to eat stuff that I don't like or isn't that great.  I got about 4 bites then had to stop. Toooo nasty. Bleh. 

Then this happened:

Yeah. You're seeing that right. Olives, pickles and Kings Hawaiian. The pickles, by the way, were spectacular.

Happy Saturday peeps!

1 comment: